"Doula comes from ancient Greek, meaning "a woman who serves", and is now used to refer to a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible." -DONA INTERNATIONAL
Andy is a DONA trained birth doula and has been practicing since 2016. She is passionate about the power of birth and always trusting a women's instincts. It is an honour and a privilege to help families with this monumental life moment. Whether you're birth at home or the hospital, with a midwife or an OB, having a vaginal or belly birth, with pain medication or without, a doula is there coach and empower mamas and their families every step of the way!
What to Expect:
- Prenatal visits in your home (1-2 hours each) to discuss:
- Your birthing preferences and options
- Your pervious birthing experiences and/or emotions around birth
- Information & resources
- Ongoing availability by phone and email for any questions or follow-up.
- On call two weeks before your estimated due date, and 2 weeks afterwards
- Labour and Birth Support:
- Andy will arrive whenever you would her to once your labour has started
- Hold space and honour your birthing wishes
- Coach you and your partner throughout the process
- She will stay for the whole birth (12ish hours) and around 2 hours post birth
- Provide physical hands on support for pain management, informational support, and most importantly emotional support to keep you empowered!
- Postnatal in home visits:
- Helping you adjust to new family member
- Discuss your birth experience
- Breastfeeding support and education
What Not to Expect:
-A doula is not a medical professional
-Does not give medical advice or perform medical procedures
-Does not make any medical decisions on your behalf
-Does not impose our own thoughts and beliefs
-Will never judge your choices, but helps to keep them respected
-Will not replace a birthing partner, but will work with them as a team in helping you. If a birth partner is not present, a doula is able to fill both roles.
Chiropractic services may be available for use at your birth. Please see the Andy’s birth prep services and contact for more details. Pricing starts at $500 and varies depending on patient’s needs.